Hey guys, I am back again after this hectic schedule with my exams going on. So here is a simple recipe, though it uses a number of spices but the rest of the recipe is fairly simple and In Sha Allah it will turn out lovely.
1) Chicken -1-cut into 8 pieces
2) Ginger paste- 1 tbsp
3) Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
4) Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
5) Vinegar- 2 tbsp
6) Red chili powder- 2 tsp
7) Yoghurt- 3-4 tbsp
8) Tomato paste- 1 tbsp
9) Shredded coconut-2-3 tbsp
10) Fennel seeds- 1 tbsp
11) Mustard seeds- ½ tsp
12) Nigella seeds- ½ tbsp
13) Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
14) Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
15) Oil- as required
1) Wash the chicken and make a few cuts on each piece of chicken so that it can absorb the marinade.
2) Mix together chicken, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, vinegar, red chili powder.
1) Add yoghurt and mix
1) Add tomato paste and mix. Put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hrs.
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) In a nonstick pan add coconut, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds and roast till you can smell the aroma of the spices. Turn the heat off.
1) Cool the spices and coarsely grind in a mortar and pestle (or in a grinder).
1) Add the spices to the chicken and lemon juice and mix.
2) Grease a baking tray. Arrange the chicken pieces on the baking tray. Brush the chicken pieces with some oil and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is tender and nicely browned.
Hope you guys will try this recipe and do give me your feedback. Trust me its valuable.